I only caught the end of it. I wished I had payed closer attention to the TV listings. I'll have to catch it on a repeat.<br><br>I, too, was a bit put off by the Glen's open distaste for the Clunes. I know there's likely some creative editing being done by the produces and that the Clunes may have earned it, besides their general spoiled lifestyles. And Karen Glen may regret her desire to have them ask ("beg") for help in her desire to true to the frontier times. What goes around, comes around.<br><br>The cow milking episode had me baffled. Why the heck did the Clunes send their daughters out in the snow storm with no clothes, only blankets? I know their clothes were wet from the wash, but come on! Even wet clothes would have been better if they were wool, which I don't know if they were or not. Why not go yourself? I know it's their daughters' responsibility, but a freak snow storm in June would cause me to think twice before I turn out my children to walk a mile in the snow. And why did they bring pails to milk the cows at the other homestead. Go get the cows and bring them home, then milk them. <br><br>Your assesment of the Brooks is right on the mark. In the true frontier, they would have likely been the ones that received the least amount of help, if any. I imagined that the attitude of the Glen's would have been more pervasive, especially towards colored people.<br><br>It was truly telling that it was Nate who helped the girls when he approached the Glen's for a visit, while Mark and Karen were warm inside their cabin.<br><br>The preview of the next episode shows that the Clunes are in real trouble with lask of food. It makes me wonder when the rpoducers will pull the plug. 150 years ago, families dtarved and suffered from starvation. I know they want to make the experience real, but not at the risk of harming the participants, specially the children.<br><br>One has to remember that this experiment is not truly "true to life." Yes, the hardships and lifestyles are modeled correctly. But the participants do not have the same lifetime experience as the real settlers. Certain daily tasiks that would have been a common routine for men, woman and children of the time, must be learned new for the first time. Back then, adapting to the rigors of the wilderness was not such a huge abyss as it is today for the participants.