Ads are paid for. In this case, I had to pay for my gear. It's worth it for me. I do a lot of backpack hunting and haven't found another pack that will work as well for more or less money. My first Kifaru packed out a whole deer carcass (sans skin, head, legs and innards) along with my gear. I just haven't run into many internal frame packs that would have done that.YMMV

I've been enjoying a lot of these survival type forums and there seem to be some that love their Moras and all they will do for such little money and there are others who will settle for nothing less than a $300 knife. I don't think either philosophy is wrong, but the analogy to packs is valid. Glad you like what you have. I'm real happy with mine as well and I've yet to hear of someone who made the investment and regretted it. I don't consider myself a gear snob but do prefer to get good stuff when I can and when it makes sense (no custom knives for me). I don't look down on people who have different gear and have to wonder why one would have an issue with what someone else chooses to use, expensive, cheap or in between.

I'm always amused by people who like to bash gear they've never used. There are lots of good choices out there. Try them out and make up your own mind, but I'm pretty sure buying good gear that works for you doesn't make you a gear snob. Now back to lurking and learning.