Skunk,<br><br>All of this assumes a bug out situation of a <72hr period. If you had other assumptions ignore the following. <br><br>1. I don't know what a packable parka is, but it sounds as if it only goes down to your waist--maybe a bit lower. It also sounds warm. If the weather is wet, get something that at least goes down to your knees. Soggy feet are bad enough, a soggy butt/crotch is three kinds of bad news. I'd reccomend somekind of poncho if you're looking for something packable. They make insulated poncho liners if the weather gets cold, though I doubt you'll need it in California. They also make cheap rainsuits which don't take up much room.<br><br>2. Water. Most BOB's are "72 hour bags", intended to get you through 72 hours. FEMA suggests a minimum of two quarts per day. This assumes minimal exertion which, if you're bugging out, won't apply to you. Even if you double that to an even gallon, which is still inadequate, that's 1 gallon per day x 8lbs per gallon x 3 days= 24lbs. Provide some filled water containers (I like the hydration systems myself, btw), the water purifier of your choice and refill as you go. Again this assumes that you are bugging out. Weight and bulk are a much smaller issue if you're bugging in.<br><br>3. Once again, 1200 calories is a minimum reccomendation for low exertion times. It won't apply to you. Having said that, and keeping the 72hr assumption, you have two choices: Carry food or not. Most anyone can 72 hours without eating and still perform adequately. Most people will perform better with food. Lots of options here. You pays your money and you takes your choice....<br><br>4. Clothing: For that short a time period, assuming California weather, it shouldn't matter either way.<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy