In daylight, I would not even notice that the red ones were anything other than a twist tie. It is not until you put them out at a little distance in the dark and hit them with a light that you really appreciate them. To me, at least in my limited test, the white ones seemed to stand out a little more than the red ones at night. Might be different with different light sources or backgrounds.

I think they would work well for their intended purpose, finding your way to and from a deer stand in the dark.

My thoughts were that if you are going to put twist ties in a kit, why not use ones that are multi-function?

If you found yourself walking down a dark road at night in dark clothes, a few of these tied to your jacket might help keep you from becoming a hood ornament.

Lost in the woods at night you find a good spot with some natural shelter. You need to wander out to find some dry fire wood. Tie a couple to a limb to help you return to base.

Or, maybe you just need a twist tie or a little bit of small wire to make a repair.