I've been reading this forum for quite a while now, and I STILL don't understand how you get water into a condom under survival conditions. And if all you have around is snow, I don't get what good they would be there, either.

I've used those aluminum foil pans for years, in the kitchen. I wouldn't waste any effort at all including them in a survival kit. If you keep it in it's original shape, you might as well carry a metal cup or something. If you fold it, the same thing that happens with HD aluminum foil is going to happen: holes. (Although maybe you could use it as a funnel to fill up the condom...)

Like it or not, I think you really should take a decent metal cup or something with you. You can't melt snow in a plastic bag under most circumstances. Try it at home and you'll see what I mean.

And I don't understand how you were going to start a fire if you lost your Bic. I am familiar with Coughlin's fire starter sticks, but they have no ignition. And if you do have something that is self-igniting, what happens if snow falls on your fire?

Before you get stuck in a bad situation, I would suggest that you TRY all the ingredients of your kit at home. Find out what works and what doesn't. Theory often has some flaws.

Sue