I have had my CamelBak Blowfish for around three years. I have trusted it completely. We have has some leakage that was fixed by cutting the line and reattaching the tube to the bag.

Today my family went hiking in North Mountain Park in Phoenix. We planned a 4 to 5 mile hike up Shaw Butte. We parked at the visitor’s center parking lot. After checking that everyone’s 2-way radio was on the same channel and that every one had water and was ready for the trip we headed out. After walking for about 15 minutes I was shocked to discover that water was pouring out of the bottom of my CamelBak. I took it off and pulled the water bag out. The hose had popped off. I pushed the hose back on. It appears there is a lining inside the hose and it had separated from the hose and was now blocking the water in the hose. I cut the line and attached the hose to the bag again. The hose was still blocked but at least I still had some water. We continued down the trail and a few minutes later the hose popped off again and the rest of the water dumped out the bottom of my CamelBak.

The lesson is that the CamelBak hoses do not last over a couple years. I recommend that if you have a CamelBak you replace your hose every other year to avoid loosing your water when it counts.