Tom,

Thanks. That was great advice. I can't help laughing at chris. not making fun of but laughing WITH him lol. I do plan on my camping adventures to carry a .22/.223 and have my buddy with a .338 or a shotty. Camping situations are different because you go into the wood and purposly live rough. Survival situations are unexpected situations. I personally go camping to test out gear and techniques. Camping situations can turn into survival situations and your goal in a survival situation is to turn it back into a camping situation or get rescued. Anyway, perhaps I'll take up bear hunting and go with different people who have different guns and see what happens. I said bear just because they are the biggest, hungriest, toughest things I could think of that I might encounter in the woods and if running isnt an option and i dont have time to make an impaling spear lol then i'd just like some way to kill it or wound it to where i could get away. I understand what everybody is saying about how a pistol is going to produce more of a punch effect whereas a rifle will produce a drill effect. I have been looking at different guns some more and the Taurus 454 Casull might just be what I need. You can get a titanium model so it can take the elements a bit better. Well anyways, thanks guys. I'll let you know what I end up getting.