I was part of a search and rescue that found someone, but that is probably not what you meant. There are three times that I can recall where things had the potential to go very badly. But, because of preparation, training, and clear thinking (by others, as well as myself), they did not develop into survival situations. From what I can determine by reading the back posts on this site, there is a considerable amount of "outdoor experience" here. Part of that experience teaches us to AVOID the survival situation by being prepared, being trained, not doing stupid things, etc. Every day presents "survival situations", even in an urban environment. Imagine a person who leaves their lights on and comes back to their car and a dead battery. I have met people who have no idea what to do in that situation. Most have a plan, equipment, and training to overcome this problem (charged cell phone, auto club, jumper cables, second battery, etc.).

I really don't want to be on the plane that crashes into some remote area, with a dead pilot who forgot to file a flight plan. But part of my "survival training" is to verify with the pilot that he/she did file a flight plan prior to take off. Perhaps a better question is, "How many of you have been in situations that could have developed into survival situations, and how did you prevent it from becoming one?"