Yep, bureaucracy at it's finest. I don't leave such issues to agents and their promulgation of mostly worthless writings, unless I expect them to run the shelter, in which case they don't need me.

If I am in charge, then sorry folks, but it is the law of Benjammin. If you are family, you will be provided for. If you are a friend, then I expect that you already have pretty much what you needed in the first place, and you're just coming down to keep us company and pool resources. If I don't know you, then you need to demonstrate that you can be trusted before you are admitted. That will likely involve voluntarily identifying any and all provisions, supplies, tools, weapons, and such before you are admitted. If you hide anything and you are caught, you may be expelled depending on whether I feel you can be trusted or not. If you refuse to divulge but admit you are packing, I may allow you to stay in a holding area and be interviewed by other occupants trained in that sort of thing until they convince me you can be trusted with what you brought and don't want me to know about.

If you bring food or supplies and others in the shelter are want for some of it (highly unlikely, but it could happen) and you won't share, then it will not be taken from you, but we will remember your generousity (or lack thereof) the next time you come to the provisions desk, hat in hand, asking for something you need. That includes provisions we may have received from aid agencies.

One thing all who come to our shelter should know. Anyone who is admitted and accepted into the group will be cared for and protected to the maximum extent we are capable of. I can't promise it will be smooth and without incident, but if you follow the rules and try and get along, then you have about as good a chance as you are likely to find.