If i remember the gap in the stand was for a damper to be installed to give you a simmer setting. <br><br>Didn't think about bending over the wire to make the stand less sharp and a little stronger, but it should work well as long as it doesn't extend to far into the flame. The first stand i made a little small to make it take up less room, the burner would heat the ends of the wire up to red hot. Which on small wire decreases the structural integrity quite a bit.<br><br>Personally i side with Tom on making the holes, used a scribe to make the pop rivet hole and a needle in vicegrips for the burner holes. And just to rub it in a little i do have drills in stock down to #80. However, i didn't have the rivet nuts on the shelf which is why i used a rivet and taped it. <br><br>I think the best concept to take away from this thread (the stable bottle is the best)is to use what you have and try it. This is not something that should be complicated, it's cheap and easy to fabricate. Make several with different burner configurations or fill options and see which one you like the best. And then send the one you like the best (or the least) to Chris for testing and evaluation.<br><br><br><br>