The Allen screw is a super idea you had, IMHO. The pop rivets are so easy to use... why not? <shrug> But I was just using what I had laying around - I wouldn't use anything smaller than a #8 opening, tho - actually, if I hadn't had those rivets, I would have used a 1/4-28 NF nut and bolt or a 6.0mmx1.0 nut and bolt - about the size of a #10, roughly. A 1 oz medicine cup (e.g. Nyquil) is another handy (free) measuring device that works well.<br><br>We found that a #60 drill bit makes holes rather larger than optimum - most of these fellows refer to a "0.024" or "0.025" - that's about a #70 drill - TINY (the "regular" sizes go down to a #80). I suspect that within reason (say, no bigger than 1/32" - 0.03125" nominal) the hole size is not critical as long as the total "area" (sum of the holes) is not too much. We're piercing holes that are ~0.027" but they spring back a few thou smaller - IOW, right at the target size. But hey, if it works...<br><br>Also fiddled with the angles on the inner ring of holes - we think that if the inner jets don't combine into a single flame it burns a little cleaner - but it all boils the same near as we can tell.<br><br>Not being terribly patient with JB Weld's 15 hour cure time... after intitial set, we pop the epoxied parts into an oven warmed up to ~200 deg-F (heat turned off then) and in short order - about an hour - the JB Weld is fully cured. That's windscreen and pot support fabrication time...<br><br>Piggy-backing a reply to P_L here: I'm in agreement about the pot support not being versitile for smaller pots, but it works - I can fiddle this to death or just let the lads use 'em. Or both <grin>. The main thing I dislike about this whole setup is the number of discrete parts. There is an all-in-one (two parts, actually) alternative approach using a coffee can... hmmm. Seems bulky. Also, my math agrees with yours - longer trips, the commercial stoves with higher BTU value fuel are "better". OTOH, these are great for cash-strapped folks (kids) and they are reasonably safe. Heck, they work fine.<br><br>Regards to all,<br><br>Tom<br><br>