Hello All,

I have two M-6 rifles, an earlier Springfield 22lr/.410 and the later Czech BRNO 22 Hornet/.410. Of the two, I find the 22lr/.410 the most practical. The 22lr shoots to point of aim at 15 yards with high velocity lr ammo, the .410 shoots I nice pattern, with no holes, at the same range with #6 or #8 2 ˝ inch . For some reason the 2 ˝ inch shells shoot tighter than the 3 inch shells of the same shot sizes, go figure. In addition, the earlier M-6’s had an “Improved” choke on the .410, the later BRNO M-6 has a “full” choke. Since the 22lr/.410 has an Improved choke it will also shoot .410 1/5 oz. slugs into a 2 to 3 inch group at 15yds. My 22 Hornet/.410 is an entirely different beast… since I reload I can afford to feed it a steady diet of home rolled Hornet ammo, usually a 45gr soft point backed by enough 2400 or H-110 to get is moving from 2400 to 2600 fps. The first thing I found was that the Hornet chamber is a little on the generous side allowing the case to expand out a bit, but no worries, I ordered a neck sizing die and was back in business. At 15yrds, the Hornet is just at accurate as the 22lr, but an inch or so low. 15 yards being the length of local indoor range, I belong to. Were the 22lr is a pop the Hornet lets loose with a definite crack! The .410 barrel on the Hornet has a full choke and also shoots tight patterns at 15yrd, but the full choke does not work well with .410 slugs throwing them all over the target. As others have noted, M-6 does not have a trigger, but something more akin to a lever that you press and takes some getting used to.