I think you will have a better signal than anything you can carry in your PSK, in that case. Like a plane that is smoking, if not burning, along with a great big honking scar in the earth where you went in. Keep in mind that commerical birds have redundent emergency beacons, and the crew would have announced thier sitution with thier location. And ATC would know where you went off the scope.

Dumping a commerical wide body is not the same as a little single engine in the Yukon. LOTS of people are going to notice. You do NOT need to have a full fledged PSK. Even if you did, what are you seriously going to be able to do with it. A PSK is the last ditch for one person, it's resources will be totally overwhelmed by this kind of thing.

That being said, an N95 mask should be on your person, along with a basic FAK and a good light, but that is so you can get out of the plane. Trust me, you go down in the EU or over CONUS, you will have a search starting before everyone is off the aircraft and you will be found in under an hour. As I said, commercial aircraft falling out of the sky are pretty hard to miss.

The only time the flight crew wouldn't be able to get a signal out is if the plane explodes or disintigrates in midair, and at that point, you have bigger problems. Like gravity.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.