I find it really amusing whenever "experts" make statments about things they have never experienced or will never be subject to experience... Lately I've been seeing a shift from national security to personal security. Nation is sick and tired that 4 year war on terrorsim is going nowhere. People also forget since time heals wounds. Osama is still free and Iraq is not going the way it was planned. People don't want their freedoms restricted in the name of a greater good anymore but freedom restrictions in the name of personal protection sounds great. But I'm asking: personal protection from what? Terrorist don't act out under infulence of alcohol and I don't think that hostile takeover with boxcutters is going to succeed anymore. Next events will involve sabotage, real weapons, bombs and rockets. Also a sudden outbreak of violence secondary to intox can be controlled by few handy gentelmen on board.

Anything in right hands can become a weapon. Stupid oxygen tank (2 on board) can become a projectile that goes thru 2 feet of concrete. Broken bottles, piece of plastic or even folded newspaper can be used as a weapon. Is my zippo, nail clipper, scissors or SAK more dangerous than imporvised weapons? Hell no.

I work as a paramedic at JFK here in NYC. I hate the TSA rules. I think they are more for show than doing acctual good. Now I have no problem with making adjustments for something that works. But I also have no tolerance for stupidity. And TSA is just plainly retarded.