Wow! Thanks for the responses. The list has grown fast.

Bright orange powdercoated cases in either standard length or the REI length will NOT be offered. The powdercoated cases were too troublesome for Keith, so only anodized colors will be offered.

Because Keith uses an aircraft aluminum alloy for his cases he cannot get super bright anodized colors. The muted red is an example of what sort of colors are possible.

I have been pushing for a hunter green for these REI cases, Keith may do a clear anodized, or we may be able to get some sort of other anodized color. Right now no word....I guess it will be a surprise.

Overnight on 3 forums I have approximately 28 cases requested. I am not certain how many more I will need for Keith to do the machine setup, produce a batch and get the anodizing done. But I will keep you informed.

Now as to that great knife....

That is a Iisakki Järvenpää 1244, made in Kauhava, Finland. It has a handle of birchbark rings. I just got this about a couple of weeks ago and it is very very nice. The spine of this has a sort of scraper edge which will toss sparks from that Swedish firesteel in amazing quantity. I bought it from a friend in Canada who has a site here:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~adude/IJO.htm

For $70 US, this is about my favorite knife. The grip is just very pleasing and the grind is super for this sort of price.

This fellow made me a pair of custom canoe paddles last year and is a great fellow to deal with.