The first order of business is to sort out the better matches. I took a box of 250 Strike anywheres awhile back and found a goodly percentage either missing the white tip, or it was very small and actually broke off in striking. Today's strike anywheres are NOT the same chemical compound of before. They were actually used for improvised explosives and the makeup changed. There are anecdotal stories of spontaneous ignitions in matchcases, but cautionary packing with a heads up,down ,up pattern and cushioning on both ends with tinder make this unlikely. The matches are becoming difficult to find because a stupid shipping regulation lumped them with HAZMAT materials and the exhorbitant shippping costs forced many dealers to drop Them. Sealing matches is really uneccessary if you have a truly weatherproof container. Wax in fact will degrade the matchhead over time: and in fact all matches eventually degrade. Various laquers and polishes do a better job, but you must be cautious not to seal them so well they fail to ignite. The NATO lifeboats are sealed for obvious reasons and also require a more vigorous striking method. The fuel in a lifeboat is the head, and conversely a strike anywhere uses the matchstick for extended burning. And I will repeat again my old mantra about safety matches. EVERYONE knows how to strike a standard match. I don't care if your a primordial, undiscovered, indigenous tribe living in some raincloud mountain and the National Geographic helicopter just landed. The things have spread faster than the latest japanese electronic gadget we cannot live without. In our backup firemaking kit we MUST factor in our own incapacitation and figure someone else may have to light the thing.