To bring this back post back to the point.....I have been a long time gerber tool fan........back from when the first tool was simply called the gerber multi tool, and there was only one model of it. Recently though i have added to my collection a new black leatherman charge ti. Thus far have put this tool throught the mill and it has proven itself a very reliable and sturdy tool. I seen leatherman tools in the past and i tool thought that they were cheap compared to other brands until this new charge came out. For some personal recommendations/personally owned/carried (EDC) models, i like the basic gerber tool, with standard pliers, the compact scout has a needle nose head, but its a very compact, sturdy tool that has proven itself very useful, the leatherman micra is a great little pocket tool..........its a part of my EDC keychain, and finally the new leatherman charge ti (black edition). As agreed with many of the previous posts, i too still love a basic SAK. They are still hard to beat for their specialty tools as well as basic functions and compact size. And hey they are "MacGyver" approved as well!!