Just some thoughts, but…

Money is nothing more then a “paper trust”; an alternative to bartering, it represents an acceptable way for individuals, etc. to engage in commerce, be it for hard goods or services. We trust that the money will allow us to purchase some item(s) or service(s) and that the person accepting the cash can then use it in kind.

Is there any real difference between stockpiling/hording supplies vs. money?

If, I have $1,000 on me (which I am not using at the moment) and some needy person comes up to me and asks me to “share” my money with him/her and I refuse, is this hording?

If the same person then attempts to use force (steal) to “acquire” some or all of that money is this any real difference then someone trying to use force to “access” my supplies?

Can someone with just a credit card (has the means) force me to provide them with cash, because they did not have the forethought to carry cash and the store, etc. will only accept cash?

Can the government, etc. force me to give up cash I may not be using at the moment, if they are experiencing a shortage and decide they need it more then I do?

Can a wealthy person be forced to give up that “hoard” of cash they have been saving to provide medical care to an individual facing a life-threatening event?

Should Credit Card companies be allowed to charge 15-20+%(could be viewed as price gouging/profiteering) interest to borrow their money?

Whenever someone wants to regulate or force regulations for the “greater good” we should be wary of motive and impact. This is not to say, it is not of benefit or value or that it should not be done, but it must be viewed with caution.

I believe, when we as individuals/families/communities, etc. rise to the occasion with services or goods freely given to others in need we reflect all of the positive values of a “civilized” world. When taken by force (legal or physical) we are headed down a very dangerous road.

Pete