At the very least, get a reciept. Last time I checked , "conspicously sotckpiled" items could be seized by the government, but compensation after the emergency was required. Of course you have to go to court to get your refund, and then you have judge say if you were hoarding or not.

But the same case law also says that they can not deprive you of items you need for your own survival.

The best analogy I can think of has to do with evacuation. If you are the ONLY person in a 14 person van, I would say that it would be fair to have you and your rig drafted to take out 10 or so people who have no vehicle of their own, and thier supplies. But as if I had space in my rig (four door, older sedan, and I'm single) for two people, and thier car was dead in traffic, 1) it goes out of traffic, and 2) they go in my backseat with thier critical supplies. The best entertainment example of what I'm trying to say is the old couple with the dead car in "Day of the Comet" (wow, that dates me, I rememebr watching that when it aired).

Edited by ironraven (10/23/05 05:23 PM)

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.