This is a link to an excerpt from:

Scenario for a Magnitude 6.7 Earthquake on the Seattle Fault

http://www.metrokc.gov/prepare/docs/EC_SeattleScenarioFinal.pdf

A study done by the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute and funded by the Washington Emergency Management Division.

This 33 page document was considered "alarmist" when first released but the scenario outlined is actually considered to be reasonable by the King County Department of Emergency Management Director, Eric Holdeman.

An interesting read and a good reason to develop some basic family plans. (I work 2 blocks from the Seattle fault).

This is from Eric Holdeman....

A team of professionals has put together an earthquake scenario that is intended to be predictive of the types of damages and injuries that will occur if a 6.7 magnitude earthquake would hit the Seattle Fault. This is not a worst case scenario! I know some people who read the final draft of "The Scenario for a Magnitude 6.7 Earthquake on the Seattle Fault" and thought it was alarmist and extreme. Let me assure you that it is not so. It does show how a shallow crustal fault running through the middle of a high-density populated urban area with a great amount of infrastructure might be impacted. While terrorism has been the "désastre de jour" from the Department of Homeland Security for the last four years, I can assure you that at some point in our future, this area of the Central Puget Sound will have an event as described in this study or much worse!.