>>The sense that I am getting is that the Urban situation requires more planning and less gear. Not just different gear.<<<br><br>The information requirements do seem more intensive. I’m not sure I understand where the impression of less gear comes from.. my UPSK is certainly larger (bulkier) than two of my “wilderness” PSKs, even though my “urban” focus is only on escaping from downtown out to home in the suburbs, and there is some overlap and spillover between the kit and the contents of my pouch and pockets. I haven’t tried counting items to see which has more, so perhaps by that measure it's less. Most of the extra bulk seems to come from the folding reading glasses (there's much more need to read in the city than in the woods) and the FM radio with “earbud” earphones, and, as I said elsewhere, a slightly larger compass with a nylon wristband. I’m hoping to cut the size of the radio, and thinking about doing away with the wristband and just clipping it to my watchband if needed.<br><br>>>Anyone who has assembled a kit that can post some pictures for us? or a complete inventory at least? <<<br><br>Sorry, no digital camera. I’ve posted the list before.. it hasn’t changed much, although what’s in the box and what’s out varies a bit over time. Unfortunately, if I’m facing metal detectors and x-ray machines (government buildings), a LOT gets left at home. <br><br>Currently in the box:<br><br>P-38 can opener<br>Watchband compass with nylon wrist strap.<br>Sewing kit: 2 needles, strong nylon thread (from a pack mfr), one needle threader (worth it’s weight, IMHO)<br>3 safety pins, 2 sizes<br>paper clip<br>Photon 3 (white)<br>Very small pen refill<br>10 “Write in the Rain” notebook sheets<br>photocopied map<br>List of phone numbers printed out from Palm software<br>Gerber LST lockback folder<br>2 X-acto blades<br>“permanent match” lighter (I sometimes switch back to a mini-bic)<br>BSA HotSpark <br>1 Coghlan’s tinder (in plastic wrap) <br>ACR emergency whistle (sturdy- but I sometimes switch to a “toy” whistle that’s smaller and louder)<br>REI “Featherweight” thin plastic mirror with signaling hole, trimmed a to size.<br>1 oven bag (for water)<br>tiny (Blue Line) vial with 20 Potable Aqua tablets, instructions on label <br>2 plastic/wire “twist ties”<br>Paper money<br>2 quarters and 2 dimes (phone)<br>mini-FM radio and earbuds<br>multi-fold reading glasses (currently Flapjacks)<br>10 feet of thin, flat nylon cord<br>3 nylon wire bundlers<br><br>I think that’s it for the box. I have carried a Leatherman Micra in there, but it’s too useful daily to keep locked up. Currently I have a Leatherman Mini in there, which has full-size needlenose pliers, screwdrivers, openers, small knife blade, etc. but folds to 2.75 inches long. The box itself is a plastic rectangular Tupperware container at the moment, about 7x4x1.75", but I have gotten it all, except the cord, in one of the SAS tins, and might go back. That just creates more hassle with x-ray machines, though. I'm always looking for ways to reduce the bulk.<br> <br>My wallet contains another oven bag and two more twist ties, another P38 can opener, a tiny silver ballpoint pen, and a credit card Fresnel lens which I mostly hope will help if I lose all my reading glasses, and of course credit and debit cards, ID, etc. My keycase has another BSA HotSpark with heatshrink tubing to protect the rod. <br><br>My pockets almost always contain more cash, a Leatherman Micra, a Windmill lighter, and depending on where I’m going, possibly a larger folding knife. I never leave the house without my cell phone (Motorola Startac, folding, very small), on the belt unless I’m running, in which case it’s in a waterproof neck pouch. Again, depending on where I’m going, the belt may also hold a Leatherman Wave, the Palm (Pilot), or a folding knife. I usually have another pair of reading glasses in a shirt pocket, or, more usually, stuck in the neck of a polo shirt.<br><br>My shoulder pouch, aside from books, magazines, work related stuff, always carries a Platypus collapsible water bottle, a really small and flat Totes pocket umbrella, small roll of duct tape, sunglasses, map books, a couple of “lawn and leaf” plastic bags, a fleece cap and neck gaiter, more spare reading glasses, more and heavier cord, a “Write in the Rain” notebook, more pens, another compass, a full bottle of Potable Aqua tablets, a black silk bandana, and usually the UPSK box itself. It sometimes carries the Palm and/or the Leatherman Wave, if they’re not on belt or in vest pockets. In winter the pouch carries some MyCoal Grabber disposable heating pads and fingerless fleece gloves that aren't very effective and I need to upgrade.<br><br>I have a Suunto Yachtsman watch (compass, logging barometer, thermometer) that I sometimes wear for casual, but it's not really suitable for my work. YMMV.<br><br>There’s a LOT more stuff in the vehicle if I have access to it- shelter, hats, handheld CB radio, shovel.. I’m not going to inventory that unless someone needs it. Taking the subway downtown, the vehicle can be very far away, and as other have pointed out, you can never be sure of access to it.<br><br>I’ve probably missed something. Suggestions welcome. <br>