MiniMe,<br><br>A Jack the Ripper knife is an emergency response tool designed to cut shroud lines, seat belts, etc without an exposed cutting edge. There are a number of these types of knives at www.para-gear.com (item K16909, $12, item K11505 $6, item K11610 $29). My friend jumps out of perfectly good aircraft, and introduced me to these. I also have a Spyderco Rescue knife that I sometimes carry, but this JtR knife is TOTALLY non-threating, inexpensive, light weight, and very useful in extracting people from cars, or cutting clothing like pant legs. It has two opposing razor blades in a plastic handle and works with a pull action.<br><br>Firearms are absolutely not allowed at my worksite. Useful, I agree, but I need this job. My collection of edged devices is risky enough, but does not absolutely violate my company policies.<br><br>I have not weighed any of my items exactly. The vest loaded as described rides well and I am guessing comes in at about 5-6 pounds. My Daily carry bag is really too heavy. I am guessing it goes at about 20 pounds. I am constantly looking at it but cannot slim it down.<br><br>I know I can carry this bag and other assorted junk to my wifes worksite on foot. I have done this several times just for the exercise.<br><br>I wear the Filson Original Hunting Coat in waxed Tin Cloth Style 66. This was stiff as a board when new, cannot be washed so be prepared to acquire "character", but works well in our climate. I can wear a sweater under and be set for just about any conditions in Seattle (hey it is not NH). During the late spring and summer I leave this coat at my desk so I always have it.<br><br>Take a look at the Filson site and look at the Waterfowler series, Packers and Outfitter series. I am fortunate to work about 3 blocks from their store and have been drooling on a Packer.<br><br>Randy