Man I love this place.I was going to go outside than I saw this post,did not read all replies yet but I'll add some thoughts.<br><br>I see survival as many phases,if i wipeout in whitewater i must first survive the rapids,then if I lose my canoe and gear I must,survive the wilderness.Which is long term and involes shelter building and fire starting etc.<br><br>People interested in urban survival MOSTLY are interested in the first phase.Can I get out of the building,away from the fumes,falling debre,raging waters etc.I bet alot of people wished they knew all the ways out of the WTC or that they should move far away once out,or that terrorists often use a secondary device.I don't think many had to build a shelter or snare food that night.<br><br>Personally I carry in an urban setting. Cell phone,a list of phone numbers(also programed into phone),sak,stout folder,photon II w/Micra,bandanna and CASH.Can't get to your car?nobody will stop and give you a lift?Wave some cash.Your phone is dead nobody wants to give up theirs?wave some cash.<br><br>well my youngest just got home and wants to play.See ya.<br><br>WOW! just came in and read all the posts lots of things I was going to add are already there! I would have a b.o.b with sneaks,wind pants,jacket and hardhat if I worked in a highrise and wore dress clothes at work.At least change into the sneakers,the time will be more than made up in the long trip out.Good point about learning your building.Do you know all the stairs?if the doors open to all floors?Often there are internal stairs if one company has several floors,these my be an option if the main stairs are destroyed or blocked.There are also private parking floors for the "big shots"with private enterances and sometimes hallways.Do you know where they are?or how to get through them? On the job I carry a shove knife,which is a thin strip of metal with cutouts for slipping the lock bolts on doors that open toward you(like the ones in strairways and hallways).Lots of good ideas here,I enjoyed alot of theses posts.

Edited by THIRDPIG (03/28/02 09:29 PM)