Actually, wouldn't the credit card company backing your debit card (if you have one) have this stuff squirreled away, at least account numbers and the like, just so they can tap your account?

If you work for a multinational/multistate corporation, and do direct deposit, the home office HR weenies will have it.

The IRS has it. So does the FDIC. I've been wondering why the FDIC seems to be having a hard time picking up the ball on this, but maybe they are just as preparred as all the other federal emergency relief offices.

That being said, I keep a little cash and two checks in my wallet, in the back, and never touch it. Ever. One check can determine an account number and the bank that issued it, just off the tracking numbers along the bottom. Two of those and photo ID, and no hesitation when you babble your SSN would suggest to me you are who you say.

For those who have no ID, they are tanked unless they can find someone, somewhere, who will float them a personal loan and vouch to them. Which means going to a relative who likes you (uh-oh) and isn't effected. Which means leaving the area.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.