Keep it, I killed a Photon. The Solitaire has superior structural integrity- they don't die when they get stepped on. The only problem I've had in that regaurd is that the aluminum is softer than the steel of my split rings- to be expected, and for the cost, acceptable. Add a dab of silicon grease to the threads and it is suitably water proof. It has gone through the wash a few times on me, and it worked fine. Since my life keeps me on high ground, and mostly off of large bodies of water, I figure that is good enough.

And I understand that the stock Solitaire has inferior battery life to LEDs, but as I posted several times under my old handle, I have constructed very suitable, non-IC based LED conversions of the Solitaire that can be reconverted to incandescant operation with one of the two spare bulbs that fit into the butt cap and a scrounged/pre-packed AAA. I've used cheap 3mm LEDs, and I recently aquired some bright white ones. So far, they work well, and are almost as bright but more focused than the after market high intensity incandescent bulbs.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.