I have to admit my family has no bug-out-bags. Everyone has a CamelBack that has PSK items. They do not have water in them if we are not out hiking or camping. If we had to evacuate we would need to pull together clothes, food, water, and any camping gear that might seem appropriate at the moment. I’m working on getting everyone a duffle bag to put their clothes and things in when we go camping. That would be their individual bug-out-bag.

It takes us at least 4 hours to pull out, stage, and pack our car for camping. Then we need to run to the store for all the little missing items. I know we should have bug-out-bags, ready to go, but I can’t get my wife to go along with it. If we have to evacuate we will be at the end of the line of cars heading out of Phoenix. All the stores and gas stations will picked clean by the time we need anything.

Some kind of dirty bomb or nuke seems like the most likely scenario here in Phoenix. It is like LA, it is just too big of an area to destroy with a localized event. We have houses spread out as far as the eye can see.