Well that smoke alarm won't wake you up to a flash flood.
My 7th grade year in school the small town where I want to school in was beside a river and the residnets were used to flooding there as they had had a few small floods in the past. But for some reason this one year debree got caught on a railroad bridge upstream from the town and created a small dam. No one in the town knew it and after a day or so the water had risen to a record level behind that dam and then it burst and caused a flash flood 10 times larger than anyone ever expected so sheltering in place ended up not being an option for many poeple.
I don't plan on bugging out unless I have to either, packing up the wife and cats and soon a newborn baby will be a lot of effort, however I realize there could come a time when it becomes necessary. I don't have a bob per say, what I have is prganized gear. I keep my stock of food, water, camping supplies in different sotrage containers/bags/boxes/whatever labeled and organized so I know where to find something when I want it. This is my survive in place supply that I could also grab and go if needed.