Last fall when Ivan hit South Alabama, my parents were without power for 10 days. (They had a generator and enough food to have lasted for months before the storm hit. Once I found out they had made it through the storm OK, I didn't worry too much about them.)

As soon as the trees could be cut out of the roads, there were trucks in passing out MRE's and bottled water. It wasn't until the power was restored and trucks could get in that the grocery stores could reopen. While they had plenty of food, my mother ran out of bread because there was no place to get it.

What I was trying to get at is that MRE's are the standard food that gets passed out. It is the stuff you are talking about that is hard to get.

Best of luck. Take care of yourself.

From what I gather cell phone reception is bad in some areas. Last fall it was three days after the storm before I finally managed to get through to my sister, the first member of the family I could reach. Make it a point to check in with friends and family at home while you are gone when you get a chance and let everyone know you are OK. Not knowing is hard on the people outside the area, especially when most of what you see on TV is the negative sides of what is happening.