My beloved Innova X5 is somewhere at the bottom of the Delaware River, in a stretch of riffles...so as a temporary replacement, I went to Wal-mart to see what they have.

The "flashlights" section has some interestign LED lights, including a Garrity unit that was incredible, but too big to fit in my Nite-Ize pockits pouch.

But as I was leaving, I passed through the fishing supplies and there I found an "Anglers Light Set"

It's a 2 light set, both are LED lights. There's a small red LED, with a keychain lanyard, and a larger 3 lamp LED white light. It comes with 2 screw-in "wands" for lack of a better word that turn the light into a sort of light-saber. It comes with a holster-like holder for the 2 lights and 2 wands.
The red LED light has three settings - press the button once, it blinks slow, twice, it blinks fast and three times and it's a steady light.
The white LED is just on/off.
With the wand, the Red LED was visible, clearly, at 1,000 yards, and probobly more - but that's as far as I tested it.
The same goes for the white LED with and.

But it's as a regular flashlight that the white LED is fantastic. It's FAR brighter than my Innova X5, with better beam collimation (smoother, tighter light) and white it's clearly not as tough as my old Innova, I have to say, it has already taken a beating pretty well.

The 2-light set is $19.95, plus tax.

Now - the "killer" of the setup. The White LED uses "N" cells (grrr....) and the red LED uses "AAAA" (that's 4-A's) cells. Duh.

If the white LED had used CR123 or even AAA's it would be perfect. As it stands, I'll use it until the N cells run out and then give it to the kids.

Oh well.