I know that ETS is focused on short-term emergency situations rather than long-term "survivalism", but I also have an interest in the latter. Unfortunately, whenever I have looked around for communities that focus on long-term survival planning, I only ever seem to find groups which have a marked tendency to display ultra PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. ideologies and I have to wade through mountains of posts blaming one group or another (usually the PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER., or illegal immigrants, or terrorists, what have you) for all the problems of the modern age. Of course, the old left/right distinctions have lost quite a bit of their original value, but the close-minded extremists on either side of the aisle are driving the S/N ratio down so low it's become extremely difficult to talk about anything worthwhile on such sites, misc.survivalism being, of course, the worst offender.

Judging from many of the posts I've read here, I'm not the only person interested in long-term survival, but as I'd like not to pollute ETS with these topics, can anyone suggest a good online community that deals with these issues in as close to an objective, non-partisan format as possible? I think ETS is a good model for the sort of community I'm looking for. While we do occasionally have partisan posts here, I've rarely, if ever, seen it get out of hand here.