Here's what I have on me now, as I sit quietly at home. It's pretty typical:

Left trouser pocket:
* Bi-fold wallet with money, cards, PryBaby, 1l plastic bag, tinder.
* Vic Rambler

Right trouser pocket:
* Handkerchief.
* Orb Raw flashlight.
* Cricket lighter.
* Carabiner with:
** 2m of parachord woven to 10cm.
** Photon Freedom 2x.
** Plastic tube with ferro rod, hacksaw blade, tinder.
** Modified Fox 40 whistle.
** Serbertool M4.
** Safety pins and paper clips.
** Keys for house and car.

Not pictured:
* Money belt with P38, water purification tablets, plastic bags, spare cash.

The PryBaby normally lives in the coin section of the wallet but I got it out to show. I have been trying to mimimise the wallet size. I've now got it down to a fairly thin bi-fold, by removing store cards that I rarely use, and tools such as a fresnel lens which don't pay their way. I'm still looking for a perfect wallet.

The carabiner is the lightest full-strength one I could find. I'd rather a locking carabiner but I've not yet found one light enough. It's nice to have a solid bit of metal, though, and I like to think I could break glass with it if I had to. The parachord acts as a fob. The paper clips are fodder for the M4 microtool - it can cut and bend them. The M4 has locking blades and is a bit smaller than the Leatherman equivalents. In practice I use the Rambler much more often.

The Orb Raw has the two-stage switch. It puts out about 7 lumens on low and 70 lumens on high. It's not really a survival tool - not water proof - but it's currently the torch I use most. The Photon is a backup.

When I go out I usually add a mobile phone, and often a waist-pack with more gear. I don't always have the money-belt or the lighter. If I am wearing a jacket it will have a PSK in a packet.