I've read a number of posts about LED lights and pros/cons...I had been playing with something recently and had one of those "why didn't I think of this before" moments. I had an LED toy go bad and figured I'd "examine it" I pulled the LED and noticed that (as most know) it was a bulb with 2 leads straight down.....just like the mag lite bulb..then it dawned on me that it just might work....so I took the mini mag apart and put the LED bulb in (it did take some firm pressure to get the bulb to seat in the contacts and it does have to be in the correct polarity position) (if it doesn't go on try reversing the LED)....but it worked great. If you want to have the reflector operable, then you'd need to do some work but I figured that if you had an extra reflector, you could open up the hole a bit for the LED bulb to fit through the hole and still have some light from it and retain the on/off feaure. Maybe not the greatest for EDC. If you have an "extra" LED bulb from scavaging..when batteries are low you'd have a good area light for those batteries that aren't good for anything else. Hope this helps someone.