Oh dear if you can't get the altoids tins your never gonna make it in tight spot! Oh Dear Me!!! Try any phamacy if you must have them. the mints are pretty good too! yeah I know I ain't exactly hiddin ther sarcasim.....<br><br>I see thing a bit different and would not give 2 cents for an altoids tin. The have a built in stamped hindge that will allow water in fast! I like the french candy tins that are round and seal pretty tight. These will keep out water even if dropped in a pond for a pretty long time. I bend out the bottom, as to begin with they are dome up. it ends up looking like 2 tops more or less when done.<br><br>I don't keep the same things in my tin as most here do, so I won't comment much on that, but since both tins hold fire makings one way or the other, you just might want to keep out water for the most part.<br><br>I heat my tin red hot often and so it is grayish black. Since my tin is part of fire making..a tool, I don't care what color it is, so long as it is water tight