Quote:
I need a good pocket knife and will be buying one shortly (RSK1 ?).

I carry a small Sebenza, but I just bought a Mini-RSK Mk1 for my wife and it's a DARN nice. I think you'd be HARD pressed to find a better folder for 100ish bucks.

Quote:
Mini bungie cords (2 red)

Cable ties (15 large)

Brass wire

Not sure the purpose of any of these items. I carry some spectra cord in my kit. It is strong and light weigh and you should be able to improvise various things with it. I don't know what you'd use the wire for, but brass isn't very strong. You could tie something more securely with the spectra cord than the cable ties. Of course you can tie stuff with the cord instead of bungies.

Quote:

Exacto Knife with spare blades - WHY?

Agree with this one - more bulk and weight than needed. Personally I keep a razor blade in my FAK, but that is it. Of course I also have a folder in my EDC. BTW, these are the style blade I use - it has a little cardboard wrapper around the business end. I picked up a box of them at a local hardware store.

Quote:
Hammer (small wooden handle, not very strong but lightweight) - WHY?

*Pry bar (small to medium in size) - WHY?

Those three items if found on you will clasiffy you as possible bulglar

*Glass punch

I agree about dropping the hammer. Seems like a lot of weight and if you were trapped you could always hammer with a brick or whatever is lying around.

I think the prybar is a good idea. I carry a 15" titanium pry bar in my kit. The idea here is if you are trapped (in my case the primary issue is earthquake) you can use it to help free yourself. The version I have doesn't seem to be available anymore, but there is this one: titanium prybar.

I don't really see the need for the punch tho. I can use the prybar.

-john

Edited by JohnN (08/14/05 07:35 AM)