A sound philosophy. Wouldn't work as well for me, though. I tend to be absent-minded. If I were to use something from my kit, I generally have to write myself a note to replace it, and put the note in my wallet.

I use a system adapted to my own quirks. The medical supplies I'm liable to need or to have to grab quickly, I keep on top. Other stuff I keep stored in the bottom. Stuff I use all the time I try to keep on my person. Stuff I might need I keep in my kit.

My night vision is getting crappy. So is my near vision. I wear bifocals and I'm MR. MYOPIC. Maybe that should be my new online handle. I'm 44 and I can tell that in 40 years or maybe sooner I won't allow myself to drive at night anymore. I carry more LEDS and incandescents on my person than any sane person should. But then again, I like to see where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Am I making any sense? We're having a heat wave of sorts here in PA and my chronic daily headaches have been a wee bit worse lately. Nothing like starting your day with two Fioricet tablets and a cup of coffee.

-- Craig (AKA Mr. Myopic - I'd rather be Mr. Incredible, but I'll take what I can get.)