Shrug, I was mostly thinking of folks over on Candlepower Forums (CPF) who I don't think are posting in this thread (unless Ironsraven is a CPF'er). The Pak-lite has some very enthusiastic supporters over on CPF. According to them, the light is quite well made, which I'm sure it is, plus it has a unique feature (extremely long runtime at dim output). I see it as a clever idea and the long runtime is pretty cool, but it's not really that practical or cost-effective a light compared to what else is out there. Still, CPF'ers are knowledgeable about flashlights and they're not deluded, they just see the same light that I see and form a different judgement than I do. So I'm reporting that opinions differ even among informed flashlight buffs, and nobody should take any single opinion as gospel.

It's possible to make something functionally similar out of a couple 10-cent LED's and a resistor and a connector pried off the top of an old 9V battery, so I might do that sometime, just to have get it out of my system.