I don't know where you live either, but what about schooling and medical needs? Are you practiced with trapping and making things? Do you know how to start fire with no matches and lighters? Do you know plants well, and woods well? Can you ID wood type in winter, or with out bark and or with out leaves? Do you know how to make all the parts to a tip up with just a knife? Do you know how right now today to make bark fiber coradge to replace lost snares, and fishing equipment? Do you know enough about fish, and fishing to catch 100 fish every 6 hours? Can you make bread from cambium bark?<br><br>Maybe you can and more as you will need to.... Can you set broken bones (your own) can you sew your self up with no pain meds? I am not trying to challange you or even stop you! I would just like to know how you will live off the land.....<br><br>My personal opinion would be for you to try it out with a return date in mind..... get self educated woods wise, and return for a formal education, and then go be the type of naturalist to aid the same animals you wish to be with now...<br><br>I am not familiar with the 2 books you mention, but you need a copy of Tom Brown's Field guide for sure....I am waitng for a reply and will be each time you write so don't stop. Mac