More for the "aluminum foil hat crowd"? From that response, you'd think survival topics on this site are limited to stories of downed bush pilots and wayward boyscouts who disappear in Utah. You'd never know a white paper assessing the biological weapons threat to America, an urban survival primer detailing options for self-protection in a major city and overall preparation guidelines for both natural AND MAN-MADE emergencies live on it, too.

Yeah, we truck our radioactive waste across the country every day, and NASA did launch a plutonium-powered set of eyes into space with no ill effects. The difference here? Those nuclear examples weren't bubble-wrapped in conventional explosives set on ending life.

I once remember reading Doug's critical evaluation of the equipment checklist developed by the Department of Homeland Security and posted on its ready.gov site intended to prepare the country for another terrorist attack. If I'm accused of wearing an aluminum foil hat, it's only because I borrowed mine from Doug.