Brian,

That is what I was calling a Ritter PSP signal mirror. I have two. They are every bit as good as the glass ones. The only weakness is that they scratch easier than the glass ones. My understanding is the signal mirror is the best piece of equipment you can have to increase your chances of being found. The Ritter mirror is the thinnest and lightest one I have seen that works. I have tried several of the other plastic mirrors and they do not work nearly as well. Remember that you will only have about 30 seconds to deploy your signal mirror when you spot an aircraft. Have it on a thin cord around your neck tucked under your shirt. Practice using the mirror. It is possible to make it shine 360 degrees even with a low sun, but you have to practice. Hold it with one hand that is on the side away from the sun.

You can take what SgtMike88Ret says to the bank. In the fishing link you will see a picture of the SAK Farmer. It is small, handy, and very useful! I prefer to carry a LeatherMan Charge Ti. I use the pocket clip. I also have a Buck Alpha CrossLock that I am fond of. It too has a good saw.

I keep a Suunto Comet on me all the time. I have a thin black cord that is attached to a belt loop using a Cow Hitch. The compass is then tucked in the watch pocket of my jeans. I can’t loose it and it is always handy.