John,<br><br>I have some M77s and the triggers are just fine on them (actually quite good). I have exactly one M77 Mk II and it is different. Two stage I like, and the weight is OK, but it's not as crisp as I would like. If your M700 triggers have been tweaked at all, I doubt that you would care for the Mk II triggers - I have read that mine is typical. It's not bad, really - just not as good as it should be.<br><br>I started off early in life with military turnbolts, so I have a predisposition to things like Rugers. Only have a few Remingtons. Since you have Remingtons... why switch? They're still about the most accurate out-of-the-box rifle made, eh? The extractors work fine as long as a case doesn't rupture, and nothing holds up to that anyway, so...<grin> <br><br>The M77 Mk II SS HB my wife bought me has been a pleasant surprise - only Ruger I've owned that I have done absolutely nothing to except shoot. It's a .223 Rem and it appears to me that it shoots at or very near the limits of the ammo that I feed it. The lead (start of rifling) is exactly where I want it. I like the revised safety. Other than that... my sample size is too small to draw any conclusions from. I can only repeat what I have read and been told by other Mk II owners - the barrel quality is uniformly good from what I hear.<br><br>All of my Rugers shoot very well - they are field guns to me - but I tweaked each and every one of them except the Mk II. They are probably a super basis for a semi-customized "survival rifle" (Mk II) - but they are getting a little spendy now for a plain-jane factory rifle. If I was shooting competition... no question that I would pick a Remington. (I do shoot comp, but not commercial turnbolts)<br><br>Interesting about the GM/SW 41 - that is precisely what my target .22 pistols like best (out of what I feed them). Not enough to matter for informal shooting, but enough to matter for competition.<br><br>Good deal with the Jr Marksmanship program! Hope your kids enjoy it and the time spent with you at the range. I've got one shooting High Power now, and perhaps another one will join in this season if I deam him ready.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Tom