This is an AR-7, an old design. They were once made by charter arms, and had the unfortunate tendancy to go full auto now and then - which is NOT what you want to have happen when you only have 8 rounds in a mag! it's like BZZT - and you're empty. It happend to my old charter arms version before I got rid of it.

Henry re-tooled them and solved the full auto problem. It's a better made gun and, like other Henry products, I expect you'll have good luck with it.

In general, the AR-7 design can't handle "hypervelocity" rounds - that's your CCI stinger, Velocitor and similar rounds. It sort of handles high-velocity rounds - like your CCI Mini-Mag or similar rounds. It's happiest with standard velocity rounds.

I've found that it's so light that I can't hold it too steady while standing, but I can lay down and hit a 3" circle reliably from 50 yards, and a 6" circle from 100 yards, with some effort.

It's got one of the best "gee whiz" factors for any small gun, but in the end, I'll take my (now discontinued) M6 Scout in .22/.410 any time. I've used that rifle sucessfully for rabbit, squirrel (with .22 Velocitor) and phesant (with .410 #6 shot). The .410 slug is legal for deer here in PA, but I'd want to be no less than 30 yards out for a clean kill. I've not tried deer hunting with a .410 yet.

That said...I still think I'm going to have an AR-7 around. Just because.