A few years back, I bought one of these for my grub box, which I used about 3 or 4 times a month in all kinds of conditions.

http://www.midwest-creative.com/Product-ButaneTorch.asp

It is not a small item, and it is not waterproof, but it is water resistant, and it has been working now without fail since I bought it. It uses a piezo electric lighter, so no flint to wear out, and it has a lock to keep it going hands free. I've lit charcoal, cigars, wood fires, even melted lead with the thing. It is what I keep in my BOB back home.

Another great tool is a Weller portable butane soldering iron. I keep one in my toolbox and have been using them for almost 20 years now. They have a torch attachment and an external flint striker in the lid which throws a good enough spark to light petroleumed cotton balls.

Both lighters are refillable. Both create a venturi flame that is fairly wind proof and much hotter and more stable than what the bic or zippo can do.

Neither of these are practical enough for a PSK, but they are definitely worthy of a BOB.