Interesting timing, for me. I spent 2 full hours looking at every pack in a very large, good store today, and walked out empty handed, having walking in prepared to spend around $150-200 if I liked what I found.

I saw some great packs -- they had the entire Dana line, among many, many others. But they were traditional/conventional backpacker packs or days packs cum book bags. I am looking to replace my MaxPed Condor, which was criminally removed from my possesion.

Right now, I have bulky gear stashed in a ALICE medium on a frame (re. external frames, Don't, unless you need to haul out quarters of elk) and my grab and go stuff in a light commercial bag that is little more than a book bag.

This store is going to get in for me the 2 largest Cameback packs (2000 and 2500 cubes or so) and if I don't like them, I'm just going to go back to a MaxPed Condor which was entirely satisfactory. Without being presumptuous, I think that where we (this forum and like minded individuals) are coming from is best served by paramilitary' tactica' or 'assault' packs. That's why I will probably go back to another Condor. Oh -- the other thing -- my EDC outdoor kit is carried in a Max Ped Fat Boy -- and the Fat Boy and Condor straps do not conflict, at least on my body (6' 1", 145#, 29" waist)