Well, it is hard to say. What uses are you thinking about that 1) your 6P won't handle, and 2) you can't use either a) a larger light or b) a rechargable?

If you are willing to pay more, it is possible to get a smallish light with more power (SF M6 comes to mind - 500 lumens). If you are willing to go big you can also go more powerful (UK Light Cannon = 500 lumens). If you are willing to go rechargable, you can get there (Streamlight SL-35X). If you go big and rechargable then you really have options (Acro HID X990 = 3200 lumens, Big D = 600 lumens). If you are willing to do (or buy) a custom solution, hang out on candlepowerforums.com for a while).

Back to your original parameters:

Your reference is a 6P which, with the stock P60 lamp assembly is rated at 65 lumens. The optional P61 lamp assembly is rated at 120 lumens. If you don't already have a P61, you could simply purchase the higher output lamp assembly.

Dunno, about the TL3 directly, but it is a 3x123A cell light vs your 2x123A cell light. Claims 211 lumens. Brighter, but not hugely.

The other options in this range are similar (at least in output, I'm not familiar with the beam patterns of any of these options):

Note the Inretech TriLight-III goes into a 4D Maglight and produces about 240 lumens, which is about what you can get out of a high output 3x123A light. Note they also have the Helios 6D which gets you to 360 lumens but you have to go to a 6D light.

Sunlight SL6 is rated at 201 lumens.

I'd consider waving some of my requirements and look at the options listed above.

-john

Edit: Also keep in mind that the output of a light (amount of light coming out of it) does not directly translate into "throw". Basically, a brighter light with a wider beam may not "throw" farther than a dimmer light but with a more focused beam. However throw is a double edged sword and it is very easy to have a beam that is too narrow for a given application. Personally, I think "throw" lights have a vary narrow use and even though I have some lights that output quite a bit of light (SF M6, SF 10X @ ~500 lumens each), none of them are considered big "throw" lights. Spotlights tend to be your big throw lights, both in specific product as well as description of use.

Edited by JohnN (07/11/05 07:49 AM)