You still haven't answered my question, what else am I supposed to do?

It is the essence of irresponsible legislation that forces me to take actions I might otherwise avoid.

From a survival standpoint, I cannot rely on the good intentions or promised actions of others to secure the welfare of myself or my family, so I take matters into my own hands to the extent the law allows and my own conscience will tolerate. The welfare of others comes secondary to that. Sorry if that sounds uncharitable, but I cannot afford to be sympathetic to others at the expense of my own. The disparity in the vested interest is too great.

I would offer this, being prepared to deal with vicious dogs will mitigate the chance you will be attacked and suffer injury. I would not use my lack of preparedness to deal with a known threat to inculpate someone else's defensive actions of same.

You would have me just let the neighbors' dogs come and go from my property whenever their owners decide not to be responsible? I would prefer there was an alternative for me, but I have not heard a viable one yet.