Much of my weekend has been attending a "equestrian seminar" a growing cottage industry that gave inspiration to, and gained popularity with THE HORSE WHISPERER with Robert Redford. The pale blue eyes of the clinician fell on my pencil bosal and mecate ( a hair rope and thin rawhide noseband.) "Why do you have THAT with THAT RIG?" Because it forms a simple halter and it ---"WRONG.WRONG,WRONG! We use them in Montana son ( hes half my age) to ketch the cyuse if'n we get thrown. A hand will die of thirst where I come from!" No you wont. What? If you know what your doing theres water in Montana. The prehistoric people that left folsum points in megabison didn't ride horses. And besides, my horse has manners and ground ties ( taught to stand still when the reins fall ). At this point the adoring audience of horsey girls looked at me with utter disdain ( and plans to get a mecate and bosal just like Lash La Rue the horse whisperer.) so they wont die of thirst. I was banished from the arena and rode off to the local Mexican Carniceria for a ego soothing beer and burrito, tying my horse to a lampost. Experts. If I ever sound like him on the forum somebody boot me please!!!!!