Since we all like to see pictures of kits, I am sharing what my trunk kit looks like. Just about everything is either vacuum-sealed or kept in Ziploc bags. In addition to this kit, there is a tube tent and a six-pack of bottled water kept in my trunk. Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Picture 1 - This is the trunk kit from the outside, a "MTM Case-Gard Sportsmen's Dry Box."

Picture 2 - This is the trunk kit open, showing the top tray that sits inside.

Picture 3 - Here is the top tray removed and the "STOP" sheet (courtesy of ETS) underneath.

Picture 4 - The contents of the top tray are: hand & foot warmers, flat-packed orange duct tape, a AA Mini Mag Lite, Gerber Ridge knife, cotton ball tinder (in 35mm vial), waterproof matches (in 35mm vial), Doan Magnesium firestarter (inside mini Altoids tin), Storm whistle, spare AA batteries, roll of pink flagging tape, Brunton mini button compass, Space Blanket, small Johnson & Johnson first aid kit, Bic lighter, and two orange lightsticks.

Picture 5: The contents of the bottom part of the box are: USAF-style survival knife w/sharpening stone, four large cable ties, and spare hiking socks. In the Ziploc bag is a small sewing kit, sunblock, plastic tubing, bug spray, hand sanitizer, brass wire.

Picture 6 - The remaining contents of the bottom of the box: AMK first aid kit, emergency poncho, large plastic garbage bags, Sierra cup, pocket saw, four Kleenex pocket packs, 50' of imitation white para-cord, two granola bars, Micropur MP-1 tablets, and instant coffee & tea.