I just saw this thread. Wow, cool.

I have a Photon II in green plastic, with a Spyderco logo sticker on it. It's sold with the forest-green Spyderco Jester, making a very nice combination. I have both the knife and light on my keyring.

I wonder how many of those they had to get made, to get LRI to use the green plastic. It really does seem to be green plastic and not a coating. It had always seemed odd to me that colored plastic wasn't available any other way. I also have few off-brand Photon clones in various colors, so colored plastic isn't rocket science.

For those who asked, yes, the new Nichia 500CS led really is around 2x as bright as the old led. There was extensive discussion about it on candlepowerforums.com (which is down for the weekend but should be back tonight). The revived Arc AAA also uses this new led in the premium version ( www.arcflashlight.com ).

I agree with the remark that brightly colored stuff in the forest is like littering. Normally you'd carry a light like this out of sight though, so it's not a problem.

I hope Doug can get the quantities of this light up enough to use yellow plastic instead of a coating. It would be great if LRI also sold a yellow version, both to increase availability and to lower the quantity that Doug would have to cover.