I recently acquired a titanium zippo lighter and being a hard core zippo user for quite a while I did feel the difference in weight. I also have titanium spork but with that I really couldn’t tell the difference because I've been using plastic spoons so much. I would like to invest into some titanium cookware and cups even if they are really expensive due to weight and “legendary” durability abilities.

So here's what I was thinking. I know that titanium is hard and light but my spork and lighter after just carrying them as regular items look like they went thru WW3. I mean they are all scratched up. I know it's all surface stuff but any type of abrasion produces powder shavings. Is there any health risk associated with that? I mean it never happened on stainless steel items and spork really has a small surface area but a cooking pan is pretty big.

And second thing. Most of new flashlights are pretty expensive but still heavy. Why nobody utilizes titanium in that industry? Does it has to do with price of the metal, difficulty in molding or heat conductivity is too big to use it in high powered lights?