After traveling by air just last week... and being nearly strip searched... twice! Once at the regular security check point and then again randomly at the gate. Both times being questioned about the "survival" items in my pocket... compass, box of matches, signal mirror and photon micro light (got himself right in the eyes.. duh) My credit card wrapped with fish line and tape made them really wonder what I was up to... but WOW they let me keep it.<br><br>I'm wondering if anyone has built and sucessfully carried a sealed PSK onto a commerial flight since 9/11.<br>If so, what would the list of contents look like?<br><br>From what I've heard, even fire starting materials are being taken from people at the other check points... this includes lighters, matches, etc...<br><br>I know knives and "sharps" of any kind are also taboo, but what about fish hooks, and big safety pins..?<br><br>Personally, I think their going at this the wrong way... they should be issuing knives as you board the plane so everyone has the same fighting chance.<br>